This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link at no additional cost. You can read my full disclosure here.
Now that my child is at that age, I’ve begun looking for fun summer activities for toddlers. The great summer activities are something we can definitely do this summer. Each season of the year brings new opportunities to do fun things with your children. Remember that there’s more to do during the summertime than simply playing outside or going to the pool. With some creative thinking, you can make memories with your children that will last a lifetime.
This post is about summer activities for toddlers.
Here are some great summer activities to do with your kids:
1. Have fun with water. If you have small children, consider getting a water table. These tables provide toddlers with opportunities to play with water and toys outside of the tub. Older children may enjoy a run through a sprinkler system to cool off.
Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
2. Sell lemonade or other cool drinks. Get your children into the entrepreneurial spirit and have fun at the same time. You can work together to build a stand and some signs. Then set up shop somewhere that you can attract some thirsty customers.
Little Tikes 2-in-1 Lemonade and Ice Cream Stand
3. Volunteer your time. Volunteering is an excellent way to provide your children an authentic learning experience while having fun over the summer. Research different programs that allow children to help out in the community. This could set the stage for regular volunteer work in the future. There are other safe alternatives as well if you still are concerned about gathering with others.
4. Fly kites. Buy a kite at a local store, or make your own if you have the time. Find a safe area to fly kites and teach your children how to get their kites up into the air. Once children learn how to fly kites themselves, it may become one of their favorite summertime activities.
Funyole Large Rainbow Diamond Kite
Great Summer activities To Do at Home
5. Make summer-themed arts and crafts. Arts and crafts can bring enjoyment to your kids year-round, but you can enjoy the summer season by doing crafts centered on the theme of summer. Make decorations or design your own t-shirts. Allow your kids to think creatively by coming up with their own ideas.
pigipigi Big Sheets 11”x 8” Scratch Paper Art Craft for Kids
6. Go for a bike ride. If everyone has their own bikes, you can go out for a ride as a family. It’s a great way to bond and enjoy the sunshine. If your children are too young, you can take them for a wagon ride.
Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike, Red Toddler Tricycle
smarTrike Breeze Baby Tricycle
Activities for Kids and Pets
7. Play backyard games. Head out to the backyard or a local park to play games. You can play traditional sports or make up your own games to play. Take advantage of the season’s warm weather, enjoy each other, and get some exercise at the same time.
Bean Bag Toss Game for Kids Cornhole Game Set
QDH Splash Pad Sprinklers for Kids Dogs 68”
8. Go to the beach. Declare today a beach day! Grab your beach toys and bathing suits and have a good time in the sun. If you don’t live by the beach, you can create your own beach day anyway. Spread towels on the ground and enjoy the sun or head to a nearby river or lake.
simplenice Beach Toy, 26Pcs Kids Beach Sand Toys Set
My Favorite Bathing Suits for Boys!
9. Go on a nature hike. Whether you’re walking through your neighborhood or a local beach, a nature hike can make you more aware of the beauty of your surroundings. Your children might enjoy creating a collection of things they find in nature, such as rocks and shells.
Keep your kids from getting bored this summer with one or more of these activities. Instead of staying stuck in the house watching TV or playing video games, bond as a family and create lasting memories together! If you want calm vacations to try, here is my list to give you seven tips on what to do this summer.