This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link at no additional cost. You can read my full disclosure here.
Keeping your kids entertained during the summer can be a challenge. Why not strengthen your family bond with activities that will satisfy your whole family at once? That way, you can enjoy quality family time. Create a memorable summer together before it’s back to work and school. If you are looking for vacation ideas, here are my seven recommendations.
This post is about kids summer activities
These fun summer activities are sure to be a hit for both you and your kids:
- Enjoy a family beach day. There’s no better way to cool down on a hot summer day than with a trip to the beach. Instead of just “going to the beach,” why not make it an event? Make it memorable by attaching meaning to the fact that your whole family is there! If you are coming to the New Jersey area, Mommy Poppins has everything you need to have a great time.
- Build an enormous sandcastle together and take photos around it.
- Play games like volleyball, soccer and catch together instead of just sitting around soaking up the sun.
- Take your family pet along and create a memorable first-time event. All of you can reminisce on years down the road.
- Pack a picnic in the park. A quiet, relaxing picnic day at the park is the perfect way to spend quality time with your kids and absorb the beauty of nature. A few hours away from television and technology is just what you need for some summertime fun with the kids!
- Play Frisbee with your kids instead of watching them throw it at each other.
- Carry your camera and take family photos.
- Take along food that you can prepare together, like tacos or PB&J sandwiches.
- Play Pictionary and watch your kids express themselves.
SHOP TODDLER SWIMSUIT & SUNSCREEN
Activities That Explore the Mind:
- Take a camping trip. You’ll get to enjoy the company of your children in an unfamiliar environment and will even learn a few things about them and their abilities in the process! Camping also provides the opportunity for you and your kids to enjoy many out-of-the-ordinary activities together, like:
- Putting up the tent
- Gathering wood and building a fire
- Roasting marshmallows
- Telling stories while sitting around the campfire.
- Grow a garden. Completing a gardening project with your kids will feel rewarding, especially if you can see the fruit of your labor for a long time to come. You and your kids can spend a few summer days planting flowers, fruits, and vegetables that you’ll all remember and be proud of in the months and years to come!
- Go shopping for personalized gardening accessories like colored gloves, inscribed straw hats, and patterned mud boots. If your children are small, you can even find kid-size garden tools like shovels and rakes to make it that much more fun.
- After you’ve planted a garden with your kids, place an inscribed stepping-stone or another garden ornament in the garden to commemorate the occasion.
Summertime is the perfect time to get to know your kids and create memories that will last a lifetime! Start today to make the memories of this summer ones that all of you will go back to time and time again. As the summer continues and more things begin to open up, more kids’ summer activities will pop up for them to complete this year.