This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link at no additional cost. You can read my full disclosure here.
Have you ever thought about getting a kids sleeper sofa? I only once had my son and realized I might need one.
While it’s not something that all kids should get, if you notice that your child loves lounging around and want to have a designated place for them to do it, this might be something to get them.
As adults, we have a sofa bed in our living room, so getting a kid-friendly sofa to us was something that my husband and I knew would be a great idea now that he is older.
We don’t have a designated place for our toddler to have their room, so when I saw the Delta Children Serta Perfect Sleeper, I knew this was something that I wanted to try.
We, as a family, travel a lot. He has laid on many sofas and hits at different places, so it makes sense why my son would want something just for him.
Were you interested in purchasing this kids’ sleeper sofa? Click here to get this sofa and shop for other products that will help enhance your kid’s independence.
This post is about the Serta Perfect kids sleeper sofa.
This sofa is the perfect size for a child’s bedroom, or if you have a small space for your kid, you can add it there.
It has the look and feel of traditional sofas, so it will be easy for your child to figure out what to do and how to use it.
With all the online reviewers talking about the sofa, you won’t have to worry about whether or not this sofa is an excellent investment for your child.
It comes in different colors, so you or your child can pick which one they want.
When giving my son screentime, he will go to his couch, pull it out, almost like a toddler bed, and just lay there and enjoy himself.
The color that we got, gray, is a perfect addition to the current living room furniture and fits our home aesthetic.
There is another color, pink, that you can also get for your kids. If you want another recommended product, try my pick for the best toddler step stool. You can also see
Delta Children Serta Perfect Sleeper Overview
The kids’ sleeper sofa that I’m reviewing is The Serta Perfect Sleeper Extra Wide Convertible Sofa.
Since this is convertible, it can flip open to provide many ways for your child to relax.
This sofa is excellent because it’s the perfect lounger for kids to have a chair during the day and a lounger at night.
Your child can watch tv and read, or if your toddler is tired, they can use it for nap time, making this an excellent option for the comfy sleeper bed.
The sleeper can fit two to three tiny toddlers on there, but I suggest putting you there if your toddler is over two years old.
The slipover is super soft and has the embossed Serta sheep pattern.
Since the foam is soft, it will keep its shape all day, providing the best comfort for your child.
It has easy-to-reach side pockets to properly store your toddler items like books, tablets, or toys.
It has a non-slip bottom, ensuring it stays in place, especially if you don’t have carpet floors.
You can assemble it the first day, but it expands in 24 hours and comes in two bright colors.
Lastly, it’s affordable, making this an excellent option for children and families.
If you want your child to have a night light, they will love to go with their couch; read my review about the paw patrol night light.
Pros of the Serta Perfect Sleeper Sofa
When looking for a kids’ sleeper sofa, one of the things that I wanted to look out for was that it was machine washable.
That is what brought me to the Delta Children Serta Perfect Sleeper.
- It’s a convertible 2-in-1 design which makes it easy to switch from lounger to sleeper in
- Seconds. Also, since it’s for 18 months+, it provides peace of mind that my toddler will know how to use and I don’t have to worry about that level of safety when using the product.
- By it being made from foam, you know. It will provide the best comfort level for our toddlers, and you can stick items on the side, like books or anything your kid wants. It’s non-slip, so as they are playing around, you won’t have to worry about it moving, which also helps with safety.
- It’s super easy to clean. The cover is machine washable, and it zips off for easy cleaning. You can also spot-clean it as well while not messing up its shape. All you need is a damp cloth.
- Lastly, it comes in two pieces, the cover, and the foam, so you don’t need to do any heavy assembly to assemble it for your kids.
Cons of the Serta Perfect Sleeper Sofa
While this kids’ sleeper sofa is great, there are a few things that you have to keep in mind if you buy this couch for your kid(s).
- The instructions are more challenging to follow.
- It took about 30 minutes to put it together.
- It can be flimsy when putting this together, so make sure you snap everything in there correctly.
- It’s not a 100% fit; you will have to mess around with the sofa to make it fit ‘well,’ but it will look different from the photo.
Overview of the Serta Perfect Sleeper Sofa
Overall, my son loves the sofa, so we love the sofa. Due to the space in our home, it’s in the living room, but this would fit great as a kids’ guest bed, small bed room, or a kid’s room as their sofa.
We got ours from Amazon, but you can get this from other websites.
If you have Amazon Prime, you will get free shipping, but if not, the shipping should be less since this item is under $50.
This is not in the outdoor sofas lane. It has removable covers, but that doesn’t mean you should put this outside.
The foam included can mold just like everything else, so be mindful of where you are putting this and how you are using it.
Delsit Toddler Couch & Kids
Check out the Delsit Toddler Couch & Kids Sofa if you want another option.
This kids sofa – European made children couch is excellent, but it’s twice the price as the Serta Perfect Sleeper Sofa.
It comes in way more colors and has excellent reviews if you want a genuine sofa for your kid(s).
Also, it’s not a sleeper sofa, so this is a good option if you only want a couch.
Top FAQs You May Have
- Does this work for older children?
- No, this is meant for children 18 months to 4 years old. If they are older, they won’t fit the sleeper.
- Does the cover come off?
- Yes, it’s machine washable, or you can spot-clean it.
- Can this be used as an overnight bed
- yes, your child can sleep on this as a bed since the foam potion is a mattress.
- Can you put sheets on this sofa?
- You can, but it’s not needed.
- Do you need tools to put the couch together?
- No, it comes in instructions, but no additional tools are required.
- Is there a weight limit for the sofa?
- While there isn’t a weight limit, I recommend monitoring how your toddler fits on the couch by length. If their feet start to fit on the edge of the bed, it might be time to transition them to a standard sofa.
This post was about the Serta Perfect kids sleeper sofa.
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to my blog by adding your email address to the form below this post. You’ll be the first to hear about my updates weekly!